Feature on Colton 911: Family Under Fire by Jane Godman


Colton 911: Family Under Fire




An unexpected family

A once-in-a-lifetime reunion in danger…


After a bitter breakup, FBI agent Everett Colton never expected to see his ex-girlfriend, Alyssa Bartholomew, again. Suddenly, tragedy reunites them—and makes them guardians of an orphaned baby girl. Everett suspects that her parents’ deaths were anything but innocent. When his instinct for danger proves correct, it’s his job to protect the child he’s grown to love…and the woman he never forgot.



Buy on:



Harlequin                 B&N 

Kobo        Book Depository        iBooks


If you didn’t write, what would you do for work?
Well, I was a teacher for over twenty years and it was job I loved. But I'm not sure I could return to it now. It's hard work, and my heart goes out to all the dedicated men and women who turn up in the classroom every day and make the lives of their pupils better. If I wasn't writing, I'd like to do something equally creative. Maybe, drawing, or painting?

Do you read your book reviews? How do you deal with bad or good ones?
I do read my reviews but I think it's important to remember that, good or bad, they are one person's opinion. The only one's that bother me are the one star, no comment reviews on Goodreads. I wonder about those. That person clearly felt strongly enough to leave one star. I wish they'd taken the time to explain why.

Do you hide any secrets in your books that only a few people will find?
I don't do that. But now I'm wondering if I should...

What was your hardest scene to write?
My husband died very suddenly and I was diagnosed with cancer six weeks later. At the time, I was writing a story in which the heroine's husband has been killed and the hero has had cancer in the past. Every scene in that book was triggering for me and I seriously considered not finishing it. But I wanted to give those characters a happy ending. 

Tell us about your book...
Family Under Fire is part of the Harlequin's Colton 911. It is set in the fictional Arizona town of Cactus Creek. It's Christmas time and FBI agent, Everett Colton is back in his home town to investigate a murder. He's feeling less than festive and his mood is lowered even further when he comes face-to-face with the woman who dumped him four years earlier. But when the reason for their reunion becomes clear, he finds himself with a new family...and a dangerous stalker. 




JANE GODMAN is a 2019 Romantic Novelists’ Award winner and 2018 Daphne du Maurier Award finalist. She writes thrillers for Harlequin Romantic Suspense/Mills and Boon Heroes and paranormal romance for Harlequin Nocturne/Mills and Boon Supernatural and St. Martin’s Press Romance. She also self publishes her historical and gothic stories.

Jane was born in Scotland and has lived in Germany, Wales, Malta, South Africa, and England. She still gets the urge to travel, although these days she tends to head for a Spanish beach, or a European city that is steeped in history. 
When she isn’t reading or writing romance, Jane enjoys cooking, spending time with her family, and enjoying the antics of her dogs, Gravy and Vera.  

 Connect with Jane Godman on the web:

Website         Facebook          Twitter         Goodreads


2 comments:

  1. Jane's new book sounds great. Teaching is a good basis for writing stories! Have a great week, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice interview and the book sounds good!

    ReplyDelete