Demanding His Desert Queen by Annie West


Demanding His Desert Queen (Royal Brides for Desert Brothers Book 2)



Duty bound at the altar…

Passionately reunited in his bed!

Desert prince Karim needs a bride to ensure his smooth ascension to the throne. Intelligent, captivating Queen Safiyah is the perfect choice, yet the pain of their broken engagement remains.

This time Karim’s demands are simple: a diplomatic agreement, nothing more, for their country’s sake. But Safiyah’s reunion with Karim, the man she was forbidden from loving, is anything but convenient! Duty may have brought them back together, but it’s their undeniable bond that will force them to confront a still-burning desire…


Amazon Aust              Amazon UK


  1. What kind of research do you do, and how long do you spend researching before beginning a book?
It depends on the story. For some I need to do a fair bit of location research (via books, documentaries, internet and – my favourite – visits). As well as that I’m often checking customs/language, usually with locals, or laws, business and other things, which can get more complicated. Much of the time though I research as I write.
  1. Do you view writing as a kind of spiritual practice?
In some ways it is. I feel very centred when the writing is going well, very in touch with parts of myself that I don’t focus on during everyday activities. A lot of the time writing is work but there are times when it’s calming and uplifting.
  1. What’s the most difficult thing about writing characters from the opposite sex?
The fact that some men don’t like to talk so much, and especially not about their feelings, but in my stories they have to identify and confront their emotions and then reveal them to someone else! J
  1. How long were you a part-time writer before you became a full-time one?
Quite a few years! I didn’t want to give up the security of income from the day job for the vagaries of royalty payments.
  1. How many hours a day do you write?
I don’t keep a record of hours, just pages and jobs ticked off. Each week day I start work early (usually with emails and administration before breakfast and exercise) then I work through the day till dinner time. Having said that, I take time off for family and friends or other appointments etc. On weekends I aim to do at least some writing, though it may not be much.


About Annie West

Annie West says...
Growing up on the east coast of Australia, I didn’t get to ride a kangaroo to school but I did acquire some valuable survival skills like what to do when faced with a venomous snake or when caught in a dangerous rip while surfing. As the dangers of ocean swimming involved close observation of tall, burnished surf life savers, you could say I began researching early to become a romance writer.
I’ve been a reader almost as long as I can remember and the idea of being without a book sends a chill down my spine. In my teens I got hooked on romance and never looked back. The boys at school just didn’t make the grade when compared with all those strong silent types, flashing-eyed Italians, haughty Spanish aristocrats and the rest. No wonder the boys at school just didn’t make the grade!
Fortunately I found my own tall, dark romantic hero while at university, where despite the distraction I completed an honours degree in Classics.  After a surprisingly interesting career in the public service I found myself with young children and a burning desire to do what I’d always secretly dreamed – to write romance rather than government reports. I had early success selling short stories to some well-known magazines, and with a romance released by a small Australian press. Late in 2005 I sold a book to Harlequin Mills and Boon and began writing for the series I’d enjoyed reading so much over the years.
Now I live with my hero and family at Lake Macquarie, on the coast north of Sydney.  We’re close to the Hunter Valley’s marvellous wine country, some of the State’s most superb beaches and the beautiful lake.
My favourite things are books, travel, long walks, good company and great food.  I get to spend my days fantasising about gorgeous men and their love lives, which can be hard work, but I have no regrets. There’s nothing better than that sigh-worthy moment when your hero and heroine finally get their happy ending, or when a reader contacts you to say they loved your story too.

 Annie West on the Web:

Website        Facebook 



22 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing about yourself and your book. Congrats on the new book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mandy, and thank you. It's great to be here, talking about writing and the new book!

      Delete
  2. Ohhh! I love the sound of this book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so pleased, Summer. It's one I loved writing.
      By the way, I have to say you have such an attractive name! I thought a while ago of writing a heroine called Summer. Maybe one day...

      Delete
  3. Hooray for new releases. And kangaroos and surf life savers. Sigh on the snakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elephant's child. Yes, I never want to get close to snakes. Fortunately I see far more kangaroos. As for life savers - well, it will soon be summer!

      Delete
  4. Nice to learn about Annie and the book sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christine. I'm so pleased you like the sound of the book. :)

      Delete
  5. Great to learn more about Annie. Pity about not getting to ride on a kangaroo! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, they're not really that big, Valerie. And getting a saddle on one would be a nightmare! :)

      Delete
  6. I enjoyed this.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so nice to meet you, Annie West! All the luck with this new release. The story sounds intriguing. So you haven't tried to saddle kangaroos. Have you seen wallabies where you live? This is so fascinating. All best to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Victoria. Yes, I've seen wallabies but not in my suburb. Definitely in the bush. I'm so pleased you're intrigued by the story. It was one that dragged me along in a rush. This couple had so much tension and passion between them.

      Delete
  8. Sounds like a very fun read! Also one that would have required a whole lot of research to write!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mrs. Which. Some research for sure but also based on some places I've been, which made it easier.

      Delete
  9. Visiting places while doing research for your books must be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful post. I enjoyed learning more about Annie. Her research sounds fun! Thanks for sharing. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete