Fleeting Moments by Rania Battany


 Fleeting Moments

Maya is floundering. She’s stuck in a dead-end job, is isolated from family and friends, and her father—the only person that ever truly understood her—has been gone four years. When her boyfriend leaves her for another woman, the rocky foundations of Maya’s life crumble to dust, and she sinks even further into the pit of grief and despair.

Until she meets him. Sam. The one with the animated smile and gentle eyes, who always sees the positive no matter how bad the negative. And the one who reignites Maya’s passion through his enthusiasm and zest, helping to rebuild her life, piece by piece. 

But when ghosts from Maya’s past resurface, her decisions almost destroy the few important relationships she has left, and the happiness she’s so recently found is threatened. She must overcome her demons and decide what matters most—the familiarity of the past, or the hope, love and possibilities of the future.


Amazon Kindle    
    
Amazon Aust           Amazon UK



What is the first book that made you cry?

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. I was a teenager at the time, and the injustice broke my heart.

Does writing energise or exhaust you?

Both. When my creative energy is flowing, and I’m in the right frame of mind, writing energises me. I am a mum to three young children, and I love that writing gives me something that is my own, away from my domestic responsibilities.
However, when I have a looming deadline and things with my life have become chaotic, then the thought of writing is exhausting. Remembering to take time out to rest and rejuvenate is essential when that happens.

Tell us about your book:

Maya is in a difficult part of her life. She has lost connection with her family and friends, and her boyfriend of six years has left her for another woman. She reaches rock bottom, unaware that she is drowning until she meets Sam.
Sam’s attitude to life is infectious. He is full of zest, honest, and fun loving. Piece by piece, he helps Maya rebuild her life.

FLEETING MOMENTS is a tender and heart-wrenching exploration of the difficulty in dealing with grief and loss. This story is a reminder that, by being brave enough to connect deeply with others, we might glimpse the light during the darkest times of our lives. It gives hope that we might learn to live in the light, despite the shadows that remain.



Rania Battany lives with her husband and three children in the beautiful Yarra Ranges, Victoria, Australia. When she isn’t getting her hands dirty in the garden, frolicking with her chickens or dog, or chasing after her three young children, she is writing contemporary romance novels that tug at the heartstrings or curled up with a cup of tea and a book.



Rania Battany on the web:


Website         Facebook         Instagram    Twitter       BookBub





12 comments:

  1. This story sounds interesting. Congrats on the release of this new book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cover. I love stories of finding happiness against all the odds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elizabeth. I love stories like that too.

      Delete
  3. That sounds like it ends with her being happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary, as a romance writer, I am all about my happy endings. This book leaves you feeling hopeful that she has found some happiness.

      Delete
  4. Hi Rania! What a great story you have. Sometimes we need to hit bottom before we can reach for the light. I love the cover, too. By the way, I like to curl up with a good book and a cup of tea, too. All best to you with your new release.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Victoria, thank you so much for your comment. I agree completely about hitting rock bottom. Thank you for your comment about the cover, it really exudes the feeling of the book. And there is nothing quite like curling up with a cup of tea and a good book, is there?!

      Delete
  5. Hi Rania, this story is so emotional and depicts family relationships so beautifully. I loved, loved reading this book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the cover and the story sounds interesting. I bet there are a lot of people that can relate to the main character's struggles (I know I have a good friend whose boyfriend left her for another woman after 5 years- and it was devastating for her for quite some time). Wishing Rania all the best!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jess, Thank you for your comment. I agree, I believe there will be many women who can identify with Maya. I wrote this story for them, to offer hope that happiness and peace is out there. And thank you very much for your best wishes. Rania

      Delete