No Looking Back~ Bindarra Creek: A Town Reborn by Linda Charles


No Looking Back: Bindarra Creek: A Town Reborn

Hannah McKenna loves working with horses and is trying hard to keep it altogether after her first horse deal turns sour. She runs into trouble when she meets Blake Hudson – the man who put together the failed deal – who rescues her when she takes a nasty tumble from a horse. She likes him, simple as, and finds plenty of reasons to make him want to stay. 

Blake Hudson feels like an imposter because he knows loved ones would walk if they knew the truth. He’s the dealmaker, the perfect go-between who puts together horse syndications and once the deal is done he moves on. His life takes a turn when he meets Hannah, the woman at the centre of his worst deal. Problem is he can’t keep away, but fears she will walk if she knew the truth about his past. 
He hadn’t bargained on dealing with a mischievous third party called attraction.

When she discovers the truth, both realise they could lose everything, including each other.

Buy on:
  • What literary pilgrimages have you gone on?
In England whenever I am there I like to visit a famous writer's childhood home. So far I've visited Beatrix Potter's home and Shakespeare's. There are a few others on my growing list planned for another trip. 
  • What is the first book that made you cry?
Gone with the Wind.
  • What is the most unethical practice in the publishing industry?
For me that would be, copying someone else's work.

  • Does writing energize or exhaust you?
I don't find it exhausting, but I find it energizing once I get past the 20,000 word mark. By that stage my main characters and I have had a few conversations together and we're becoming close friends and their story flow from there. 
  • Tell us a little bit about your book...
Risk taker Blake Hudson is on a road trip to meet horse breeders to expand his business and meets Hannah McKenna, the woman he almost destroyed in a failed deal. He decides to take a risk and help her. He manages to keep his city life with his dark past on hold fearing she will walk. When she discovers the truth, both realise they could lose everything, including each other.



Linda Charles has been reading romance since high school. Her reading life started very early, but changed direction after she read Gone with the Wind. She was born in Sydney and spent her teenage years in drama classes, and then taught Speech & Drama for many years.  She still loves to go to the theatre, but her plan was always to write. Linda lives in Newcastle and when she's not writing, she can be found walking, browsing the bookshops or planning her next holiday.









Linda Charles on the web:

Website          Facebook         Twitter 
         
Goodreads     Pinterest 




20 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. I loved your answers. Congrats on your book release!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Summer! I'm glad you liked my answers.

      Delete
  3. Fellow GWTW junkie. :)

    Best of luck on the new book. Great line about attraction being a third wheel. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Elizabeth, it's nice to meet another GWTW junkie! Everybody I know groans when I mention it.
      Thank you!

      Delete
  4. Oh that sounds really good. So do they start out not liking each other?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary,
      I'm glad you like the sound of it. They're attracted to one another and that's the problem. Thank you!

      Delete
  5. Sounds like quite the fun read! Love a good horse story :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Linda. Gone with the Wind made me cry too - and would do so still if I read it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elephant's Child! I don't need to start Gone with the Wind from the beginning, I love to open up at any part and start to read, it has some lovely moments.

      Delete
  7. Nice interview! What a great premise for a romance story, Linda. Bravo on this new release. All the luck with it. I cried too, ladies, in Gone with the Wind. I so wanted Scarlett and Rhett to stay together and rebuild their lives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Victoria! It's a growing club! I can never get enough of Scarlett and Rhett. I just have to think of some of her antics and his responses and I can't stop smiling. Love 'em!

      Delete
  8. Great to read this interview with Linda. No Looking Back sounds like an interesting read. I love horses and can imagine being devastated by a deal that didn't go through. Thanks for sharing. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cover. I love horses. Great interview, too. Congratulations, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beverly. Horses hold a special place, don't they?

      Delete
  10. congratulation....
    I would love to read

    ReplyDelete