Rachael's Jaunt by Joanne Austen Brown

 


Rachael's Jaunt (Come With Me Book 1) 

Rachael Fielding loves Scotland. She escapes her busy life for some down time but does not expect that time to be in 1822.  Is she dreaming? And why is the man she knows as her dream Scotsman suddenly there in front of her?

Duncan Murray is a laird though he does not want to be. But he was born to the position. Then Rachael shows up and his world is turned upside down. Can she be the love of his life and what have the Fae got to do with it?

Is she a spy for the soon to visit, King George 4th? Can he believe her stories of the future? The two will be tested to their limits. Will the Fae have their way and is there a future for Duncan and Rachael?

 

Buy on:

Amazon US Kindle      Amazon Aust             Amazon UK


  1. If you didn’t write, what would you do for work?

I was working as a Practice Manager for a Legal firm. I am also a trained teacher. So probably one of those.

  1. Do you read your book reviews? How do you deal with bad or good ones?

Yes I do. I want to know what my readers think of my stories. I have had not bad reviews for my novels of which I am grateful.

I have had the odd bad one for the anthologies I am a part of.  But if they bag out all of us, which they have been I see them as having an issue.

One review started say that they really enjoyed my story but then bagged out my villain. So it was a positive and a negative.

  1. Do you hide any secrets in your books that only a few people will find?

Not usually. If there is a secret I want it to be a surprise when the secret is revealed. Like in Always Louisa. Who is the villain? You won't know until the end.

Was it a surprise? I hope so.

  1. What was your hardest scene to write?

I can't really pick one scene that was hard. I love to write and if a scene is not right I can usually find a way to fix it.

  1. Tell us about your book...

I have two books at the moment.

Always Louisa – Book 1 in the Always series. Louisa has been disgraced and after two years wants to come back into society and repair her reputation.


Buy on:

Amazon Kindle                       Amazon Paperback

Amazon Aust                         Amazon UK

Chalanor had a part in her downfall but wants to help her back into society. He will do all he can but was not expecting love….

The next two in this series is Always Elspeth (book 2) Due out early in the new year (2021)

Then Always Delia.

 

I have a second series Rachael’s Jaunt (Book 1) is available now.


Buy on:

Amazon US Kindle      Amazon Aust             Amazon UK


Rachael loves Scotland and is enjoying some down time. But she never expected the time to be 1822.

Can she accept that she has travelled in time and that the love of her life lives there. Will Duncan listen to her crazy stories?

Will he love her? And what has the Fae got to do with it.

Book Two will be out October 2021 – Molly’s Laird followed by Glenna’s Future.



22 comments:

  1. I liked reading about you. And the cover is so intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the new book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing about yourself. I like the storyline of this book. Congrats on the new book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. Hope you read it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These all sound like such fun reads! It's lovely to get to know more about you, Joanne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Meradeth. I am loving everyone’s comments.

      Delete
  6. Nice interview and the book sounds good, love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rachel sounds intriguing. Wishing you much success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I love Rachael. A story that had to be told.

      Delete
  8. I'm a counselor for work, because writing doesn't pay. Right? Write?
    Congratulations on this publication!
    Much success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I hope it will pay a bit so I can keep publishing. I love my stories

      Delete
  9. Your book premise sounds intriguing. Bravo! All the luck with this new release. I used to be a legal secretary--B.C. Before Children that is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great. I hope you get a chance to read one. Rachael is a lawyer

      Delete
  10. love the interview...interesting.
    Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think there are many authors who do not read their reviews. It's always nice to read good ones. It requires tough skin to handle ones that are not so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think your right. I am lucky that I have had good reviews so far

      Delete
  12. Love the magical cover! Time traveling and finding your true love sounds very intriguing. Best of luck to Joanne. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Jess. I am having so much fun writing these stories.

      Delete